Old March 4th 07, 11:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default Sorry, but this is an actual policy issue posting...

On Mar 4, 12:04�pm, John Smith I wrote:
wrote:

* ...

* *technical side of US amateur radio regulations. *It is
* *a good sign of their (finally) leaving the old 1930s
* *style of hamming behind. *Don't knock it.

* *73, LA

Don't kid yourself Len. *They are there and right up front because they
are PROFESSIONAL politicians, they are magicians-extraordinaire, their
sleight of hand will make yer head spin and leave ya a wonderin' how
that happened???

Sorry, JS, they are good with the usual marketing tricks
and wordsmithing, but I know exactly how they do it.

In order to SURVIVE in the getting-more-competitive with
fewer amateur radio buyers, they MUST keep that big
publishing house going. To do that they have to resort
to actually (gasp!) "walk on the wild side" with the
majority opinions...not the minority of the code-tested
olde-tymers. The ARRL isn't stupid OR despotic.
Signs of tyranical conduct once in a while, though...

It is all about control ... and like any "arrl product", it ain't worth
havin' if their hand has been involved!

Obviously the "control" part has been there for decades.

But on the "product" I disagree with you. However,
everyone's "mileage may vary."

73, LA

JS
--http://assemblywizard.tekcities.com