Old March 4th 07, 11:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
John Smith I John Smith I is offline

Default A "Codeless Revolution?"

Yeah, you hit the nail on the head. Amateur radio has been driven by a
weird group of "initiation fanatics." Like they are kinda "inducting"
ya into a cult or somethin'. Or, kinda like joinin' the masons. Weird
group who never outgrew high school and college frat initiations into
"secret societies."

Actually, this would be good group for Art Bell to do a show
on--"amateur frat initiates" ... If the pyramids were here in the US,
they'd use them as the "initiation temple." erie music plays here

Me, I just grabbed the mic and set my own style, course never suffered
from "mike fright" here. Never had a strong need to "feel a part of" or
that I needed others to increase my own self worth. Never found the
"official flock of sheep" had that much to offer either.

But hey, to each their own ...

JS
--
http://assemblywizard.tekcities.com