Old March 5th 07, 02:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Bob Brock Bob Brock is offline

Default Thank god for the moderated group

On 4 Mar 2007 13:58:02 -0800, "Dloyd Lavies"
wrote:

On Mar 4, 4:11?pm, Bob Brock wrote:
On 4 Mar 2007 12:41:56 -0800, "Dloyd Lavies"
wrote:

On Mar 4, 8:55?am, wrote:
On Mar 3, 1:44 pm, "Dloyd Lavies" wrote:

Thanks god for the moderated group, at least there is somewhere you
can go to escape from barage of 'I have to have the last word" posting
by you know who.

Dloyd Lavies, Sweat Lord and Talk Show Buffoon

If only the rest of the riff-raff would move on to the moderated
group, this group would be peaceful again.

Time for you to move along.

Yes your right, it is time for YOU to move along and take your Riff-
Raff, such as Mark Morgan with you. bet if Mark did not post here,
hijack every thread, and turn every subject into an opportunity to
satisfy his desperate plea for attention, the group would calm down.
But Mark has irritated so many, for so long, with his constant cross
posting and hijacking of every thread. don't know where he gets off
thinking he can hijack every thread knowing that it is inappropriate.
Imagine your at a amateur radio club meeting sitting at a table
talking among several members, and then Mark sits down rudely butts
into your conversation (thread) and starts talking about something way
off topic. So you get up go to another table and start another
converstation and here comes Mark again butting into your conversation
(thread) and once again he changes the topic. o you tell Mark, I
don't want you butting into my conversation and changing the topic,
then he turns it all around and accuses you of stalking him. You would
probably think he is mental. o you get up move once again, start
another conversation, and here comes Mark again, and again, and again,
you can't escape this asshole if you want to use the NG.

y question
is when was this group every peaceful, in 1996 or 97 perhaps? Most of
you who are whining on Mark's side wasn't even posting here then, so
you don't even know what the group was like BMC (before Mark Morgan)?
Most people that were on this group before Mark showed up don't want
to deal with or talk to Mark Morgan because of his behavior and he has
very little knowledge and can't really add anything to the
conversation, but he won't go away, and he insists on hijacking every
thread. e thinks just because he obtained a ham license he somehow
gained some special right to hijack practically every thread on the
NG. f you don't want me and others like me posting here that are
critical of Mark, then stop Mark Morgan from post 300 times a day,
changing the names of threads that he didn't start, and hijacking
everythread.

ark seems to think he is the first to act this way, but
LLoyd Davies was here pulling his garbage way before Mark even thought
about amateur radio. Now Mark will say "I have a right to post",
which he does, but he dosen't have the right to hijack threads and
change the topic to suit him, on threads he did not even start.
That's just rude, but typical Mark Morgan behavior. f this was a
physical world, somebody probably would have already slapped the ****
out of Mark by now and stopped him, but because it is not, he acts
accordingly. hat's why I say, thank god for the Moderated Group an
area free of Mark Morgan.

You thank God for it, but here you are aren't you? owever, I promise
you that, if you go to the moderated group that you are so happy to
have, you will never see a single post from me there.

It should make you happy, but since you advocate people shifting nyms
constantly and posting what could only be considered personal attacks,
it won't satisfy you. ou will still be right here cheering them on
if you aren't participating yourself.

More power to you. his is an open group, I'll post as I desire.- Hide quoted text -

However, I promise
you that, if you go to the moderated group that you are so happy to
have, you will never see a single post from me there

Bob, I don't care whether you want to post or not post to the
moderated group, or where you post or what you post. The sad fact is
that a moderated group was necessary because of the situation on here
and misc, which is directly related to Mark Morgan's behavior. You
are somehow under the misconception that you actually matter or my
recent post was related to you. When in fact, to the relevance of the
issue that I noted when I started this thread, you are irrelevent.

In the grand scheme of newsgroups, irrelevance is a given for pretty
much anyone who posts. You only have as much as the other person
gives you. I came and went from this newsgroup several years ago
because I didn't want to be involved in the behaviors I saw back then.
Mark may have been here then, but if he was, I don't remember him.

It's an unmoderated newsgroup. People post whatever they want to
post. That's how it works and that's how it's supposed to work. If
people decide to post nonsense using nyms to get Mark to post replies,
so be it. To me, that's better than having someone from on high
decide what gets posted and deleted. So, I guess I'm more cool with
the nyms and Mark's replies than I am with the censorship. That's
just me though.

In your opinion you have noted that I advocate people shifting nyms.
Yet, here your are defending someone who does exactly that, who posts
on here under no less than three different names. Yet, I only have
one and only one name that I post under.

And you seem to have a problem with only one nym shifter. I don't
care.

You also indicate that I advocate constant posting of what could only
be considered personal attacks. I don't control what others post and
I don't advocate anything because I am not an advocate. The posts that
I and others author that are critical of Mark is not a planned or
coordinated effort by a group. Yet so many individuals who have no
contact outside of this news group all perceive a problem and conclude
individually that there is only one person who is the common catalyst,
Mark Morgan. If you don't like my posts, then don't read them, but
unfortunatly I cannot do the same, because on this group it is almost
impossible to read a thread that hasn't been hijacked by Mark
Morgan.

There is that group that you included in the subject line you know. I
simply advised you that, if you don't like it here, perhaps there is a
better place for you. However, you may want to note that I think Mark
has posted there also. I don't like it there and you don't see me
trying to post flame bait there do you? You won't see me posting
there at all.

BTW, I don't post to this ng very much. I've got some personal issues
that are taking up a lot of my time right now, so I don't understand
your accusation that I'm the last author for most threads in the ng. I
found that part particularly funny. I'll let you have the last word
in this one though. I've been at ng's too long to be drawn in to this
BS unless I have time to waste and right now I don't.