Old April 19th 04, 03:32 PM
Mike

I use a Spectrum Analyzer and a few turns of wire at the end of some
coax to sniff the input/output cables and meter openings. Lacking that,
a portable SW receiver can be used to see if the noise floor increases
as you place the antenna near the power supply. I found the Astron
SS-30M does not radiate any detectable interference, while other
industrial switchers completely can trash out the HF band.
Mike

Ken wrote:
I want to see if my new switching supply creates "hash" on any band.

Is it enough to hook up to a dummy load and listen to the difference
between battery power and the power supply in the middle of every band
of interest? Should I disable any controls or automatic adjustments?

What does hash sound like? I have been fortunate not to have
experienced it (to my knowledge).

Ken KC2JDY

Ken
(to reply via email