Old March 6th 07, 10:48 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default Daylight Shifting Time

Bart Bailey wrote:

In posted on Tue, 06 Mar
2007 04:31:10 -0500, dxAce wrote: Begin

With silly DST foisted upon most of the USA three weeks earlier than before,

The question arises;
Does the NIST send a DST bit in their data stream for digital clocks to
interpret if so set, or is the date hard coded in the firmware of the
respective clocks?
If it's the first, them I'm good for go, if the second, I'll have to go
around manually skewing my clocks over to Arizona time, at least the
ones that aren't set to UTC and don't shift.

Contact NIST or wait and see!

Hey, be sure to set that GMT/UTC clock ahead as well. Those of you in the
Southern Hemisphere will want to set yours back, of course.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

--