Old March 7th 07, 01:55 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
John John is offline

Default Finding local college frequency.

On Mar 6, 3:06 pm, "RedPenguin" wrote:

Also, I forgot in my last post, repeated searches on the FCC site both
new and old database, yield no results for my college, so apparently
their frequency is not registered like the other schools in my area.

Would a school useGMRSor FRS?

Neither. That's the problem. A college is a "non-individual", and as
such does not qualify for a GMRS license.

You need to look on a commercial radio database. The FCC database
should tell you something as long as the search isn't too narrow. You
may want to look in the database for any licensees in the city where
the college is located. You'll get a lot of responses; but it is more
likely you'll find the frequency.