Old October 29th 03, 03:59 AM
Cecil Moore

jj wrote:
So, the best I can ascertain is that radio waves are really
probability waves. I'm not sure that really helps with an intuitive
understanding.

Photons behave strangely when you are dealing with one at a time. When
you are dealing with billions of photons, quantum probability predicts their
collective behavior very well. Quoting _QED_, by Feynman: "So now I present to
you the three basic actions, from which all phenomena of light (including radio
waves) and electrons arise:

-Action #1: A photon goes from place to place.
-Action #2: An electron goes from place to place.
-Action #3: An electron emits or absorbs a photon.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp