Old April 20th 04, 04:19 AM
Dave Edwards

Well, first things first....Ya gotta give PSK31 a whirl.
In fact, to get started, you don't even need a hookup to your Icom.
The microphone built in to the laptop will work just fine!
That is, to receive. Which is fun enough to start with!!
....Dave
"Greg Doughty" wrote in message
I have an ic 718 and a laptop that i received from a friend. I used to do
wacars with my scanner and was wondering if there was something that

simple in
amateur radio. To use a laptop with my radio, do I always have to have a

tnc
or some other peripheral or are there modes that just require a sound jack

at
the laptop and the radio?

Thanks

73