Old March 8th 07, 06:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default Congratulations AF6AY!

On Mar 7, 8:33?pm, "an_old_friend" wrote:
On Mar 7, 9:55 pm, wrote:

On Mar 7, 9:04?pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/Appl...ain.jsp?applID...

Congrats on the new license, Lennie.

Add mine to the list!

73 de Jim, N2EY

what about your apologies Jim?

it looks like len did indeed get his extra out of the box

and you have been hassing for years about and he did so almost as soon
as ould be wating 2 days to take the exams

No sweat, Mark. I didn't wait two days. I was busy with
other things that Friday and the ARRL/VEC exam session
was for Sunday afternoon following. A quick call to confirm
that and that was that.

Sad to say, I couldn't trudge barefoot through the snow,
uphill both ways, like all them olde-tymers did. :-) [they
had it soooooo 'tuff'] Just get in the car and drive a mile
and a half down one major street to the fire house (now a
unit of the LA Auxiliary Communication System), wait for
50 minutes while the VE team got themselves together,
wait 10 to 15 minutes after one exam until all four
VEs looked over my paperwork, checking and rechecking
the score sheets. I'll say this for them, they are thorough
in that team. Even inspected my old HP 32SII calculator
to make sure it didn't have any crib sheets inside it. :-)

73, AF6AY