Old March 8th 07, 08:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
KC4UAI KC4UAI is offline

Default Message rejected by the automaton in RRAM thread ...

On Mar 8, 10:32 am, wrote:
On 8 Mar 2007 08:30:58 -0800, "KC4UAI" wrote:

On Mar 6, 8:04 pm, John Smith I wrote:
To Whom It May Concern:

Following is a message taken from RRAM. My REJECTED response to that
message. And, a message from the automaton on WHY the message was rejected.
snip
Your message has been rejected because you posted into a thread that had
strayed off topic and was closed by the moderators. All messages from
all posters, posted to this thread, are autorejected, and this rejection
does not single you out in any way.

Please read the charter of rec.radio.amateur.moderated at:

http://www.panix.com/~rram/usenet/rram/index.html

Please direct any queries to .
snip

John,

So your message was rejected because the thread was closed.... I don't
see a problem with that.

interesting the that he was not old this

You mean he was not told this in "advance" because the e-mail he
quoted clearly says that the thread was closed and that was why his
post was automatically rejected. Which is part of what I didn't snip
out of the original message.

If you do, please appeal the decision and it will be reviewed by the
board, who are not involved in any of the day to day moderation
decisions.

and frankly this alowing one insult in then closing the thread is
pretty lame

I don't understand what "insult" you are talking about. Closing a
thread is a valid moderation decision when the thread starts drifting
off the original poster's topic. This does cause the rejection of
otherwise acceptable posts automatically, which is what seems to be
the case here but that does not mean it's improper.

Again, review by the board is the method posters can use to effect
changes in the moderation practice and force better coordination in
the policy used by all the moderators. Individually we are not above
making mistakes or having differences of opinion about what is
acceptable but we can and do discuss various decisions that are close
to the line. We routinely discuss these issues as a group and we
routinely are asking each other about posts that are considered
questionable.

So.. If you think something was rejected for a bad reason.. Try to
edit your submission and make it acceptable, use the appeals process
or simply move on and forget it.

-= bob =-