Old March 8th 07, 04:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David Eduardo David Eduardo is offline

Default WLW AM ranked #1

wrote in message
oups.com...

Your argument just turned and bit you. My whole point is that AM is
becoming
a band only for old people, one that advertisers have no interest in. You
tried to prove something with figures that are meaningless, 12+ ratings.
And
the fact is, advertising is not sold on 12+, it is sold on 18-34 and 25-54
adult demos. AM is dying because the listeners are too old and advertisers
can not reach their most desirable consumers on AM.

AM will be around, until after we are gone.

At the present rate, all AMs in a few years will be religious or niche
ethnic focused, once news-talk moves to FM. Sure, there will be AM stations,
but with nearly no listening and serving very tiny constituencies.