Old April 20th 04, 08:57 PM
pastachef

On 20 Apr 2004 12:53:57 -0700, (KG8CO) wrote:

I couldn't figure out why I couldn't stay connected to our local
packet cluster with the HTX-404 I recently purchased 2nd hand.

I took the HTX-404 out of line and used it with one of our local 440
repeaters.

At that point I noticed that the tx to rx switching is extremely slow
... infact it is so slow, the repeater switch's from rx to tx and vice
versa much quicker than the ht.

I have never seen anything like this.

Is there something that can be adjusted within the ht to correct this
problem?

Thank You

Brian, KG8CO

How slow is slow? Try bumping up your TNC's TXDelay setting until it
works reliably. Some radios are slower than others.