Old March 8th 07, 11:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore Cecil Moore is offline

Default Modeling the effect of a tower

Owen Duffy wrote:
I know that some assert that a metal tower structure in concrete
foundations is effectively earthed for lightning protection, wouldn't you
also have some form of additional lightning protection that the RF effects
would be important to include in your model?

I have no additional lightning protection. I just want
to gather thoughts on modeling a concrete based tower
located within the fields of an antenna. Modeling it
connected to mininec ground just doesn't seem to provide
realistic results.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com