Old April 21st 04, 02:27 PM
Harry

Hi Mike
I think the battery is only for memory.
You should join this Yahoo Group and read about the " brown goop " and
the PLL unlock.
Good Luck
Harry

Mike wrote:

I havent used my TS440S/AT in some time and turned it on last night. I just
keept beeping and the display lit up segments that were not numbers, so I
quickly turned it off and made sure it was not keyed or anything else was
amiss externally. I retried t but it did the same thing again. My suspicion
is that the circuit board battery has finially died? Does this sound like
the result, and how is it replaced? I went to Kenwoods website to check
for a service bulletin but there was none, this is probably covered in the
service manual.
Mike
KA1DRZ
remove the QRMary to email me