Old March 10th 07, 02:02 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Mindraker Mindraker is offline

Default CB radio mic on my computer?

"PowerHouse Communications" wrote in message

"Paul Johnson" wrote in message
PowerHouse Communications wrote:

"Mindraker" wrote in message
Dumb question... has anyone been able to use their CB radio mic on
their
computer, like for VOIP? Like, uplug mic from CB, and plug it into
their
computer? Does it work?

Why would you want to? The computer has a stereo mini-jack. CB mike
has
DIN or other style connector. Sounds fairly pointless, as the cost of
making an adaptor between the two jack styles far exceeds what the price
standard computer mic. would run at the store.

I challenge you to find a computer mic that picks up well, doesn't sound
like **** *and* costs less than what it would in theory to convert a
radio
mike.

Challenge all you like. I'm not interested in such nonsense; the idea
was foolish to begin with. I can guarantee that a CB mike won't sound any
better (if not worse) on a computer than a standard microphone, even the
crap from Radio Shack.

Take your pick, you'd be hard pressed to create a CB mike to computer
adapter for much less than these:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...oductId=212317
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2431679
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2257359

Thanks, I know it sounded a little counterintuitive, but I just wanted to
know if anyone had ever tried it before. Thanks.