Old March 10th 07, 04:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dave Heil Dave Heil is offline

Default VE Testing Rules

wrote:
On Mar 10, 10:28 am, "KH6HZ" wrote:
wrote

The funny part about Mark's rant is even if there were an adequate number of
Extra-class operators around to give him a test, it is not outside the realm
of possibility that those Extras might have been licensed after 2000, and
could have only passed the fairly trivial 5wpm code examination to obtain
their Extra-class license.

Only Pro-Code Test Advocated trivialize the 5WPM Exam.

That's incorrect. Anyone who passed a 13 wpm or 20 wpm Morse test could
trivialize a 5 wpm exam. Five words per minute does not demonstrate
Morse Code proficiency.

I am reminded of someone who accused certain
VEs of "fraud" simply because they presided over
the license testing of a young amateur,

I seem to recall that too. And, if I remember correctly, the accuser wasn't
even a licensed amateur at the time of the accusation.

I seem to recall a world famous DXer working out of band Frenchmen on
6 meters.

I don't believe it is possible for one to recall something in which he
was not present or involved.

Dave K8MN