Old March 10th 07, 04:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.cb,alt.radio.family,rec.radio.shortwave
Dr.Ace Dr.Ace is offline

Default ARRL Now Only Wants No Code Hams - Holding Midnight Exams

"------------" wrote in message
oups.com...

Personally, I think you're just acrybaby.

Nope. I'm not crying about it and never have. I don't need any
stinking ham bands. I have fifty-nine channels (actually more) that I
can legally use without any liscence whatsoever.

And recently, someoe at my house just purchased a new "two way radio"
that gives me an extra FRS channel that doesn't use any of the
standard 14 FRS channels and doesn't use any of te GMRS channel;s, and
is perfectly legal for use in the U.S.

But you don't need to since it automatically sends a code that ollows
only the people in your group to heaar it, You can't set it to hear
other people's transmissions even if you try to., even if they're on
the same channel.

And it can't be picked up by radio scanners the genreal public uses,
it can't be picked up by frs radios that use the standard 14 frs
channels. It can't be picked up by GMRS radios or ham radios either.
Although I'm sure the hams will try to.

It seems to truly be a radio with your own private lFRS channel.

And yes, it's FCC-approved. So don't give me any of this "you're using
an illegal radio transmitter on frequencies you're not authorized to
transmit on" garbage.

I communicate telepathically without a "radio" .
But I can't communicate with the people that wear aluminum foil hats ;-(