Old March 10th 07, 09:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
American Insurgent American Insurgent is offline

Default Central African Republic - New Station

On Mar 9, 11:39 am, dxAce wrote:

Gonna be tough. Radio Marti currently uses 6030 Tue-Sun 0400-1000 so that leaves
Mondays... and there's all kinds of other stuff on the freq later in the day. Have to
shoot for Mondays and hope another window opens up in our afternoons here *next* DX
season.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Radio Marti is EXTREMELY strong here in California at that time.
During A06 BBC was using 6035 for an African service, and since they'd
canned their American service, I was forced to try to hear The World
Today squashed in between Marti and a station on 6040 that was also
very strong but which I never bothered to ID. Of the two bookends,
Marti was by far the worst-no matter WHAT I did, I could hear Spanish
blah blah blah in the background the whole time. At 0400 the Beeb
switched to 6005, which is much clearer. For A07 the Beeb dropped 6035
and simply started on 6005 at 0300, which is what they should have
done in the first place. I suspect that even in Africa people were
complaining about QRM from Marti-it's a darkness path, and the Marti
tx is in North Carolina, so it probably blew away the Beeb in West
Africa. The idiots at the IBB who are trying to saturate Cuba with
stuff that nobody in the target area cares about don't seem to realize
that they're blasting everything for 5 khz in each direction over half
the planet.