Old March 11th 07, 03:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
download.com download.com is offline

Default The Cold War is starting again

"Michael"

That's fantastic !!!! The cold war days were the best days for shortwave
listening. I long for the days of Radio Moscow and quality propaganda on
shortwave. I grew up on that stuff. While all the other kids were
listening to Kiss records, I had my shortwave radio turned on to Radio
Moscow. I get all teary eyed just thinking about it. Wouldn't it be
wonderful to have those days back. It is worth risking global
annihilation by nuclear weapons to bring back such programming. It was
such good fun.
--
Respectfully,

Michael

Location: NJ
Primary Radio: ICOM IC-R75 (full Kiwa mods)
Antennas: G5RV & 200ft "Frankenstein" Roof Wire
Additional Radios: Icom IC-PCR1000,
Sony 7600GR, Grundig YB400,
Tecsun PL-550, Kaito KA1101, Kaito KA1102
GE SR-III, Westinghouse H-104 (seven tube)

Michael,
I remember if I wanted to know what was going on in the USA while I was
in Nam and Egypt I would listen to Radio Moscow. I remember one story to
this day about a starving woman in SF on the streets.

You are so right and from what I heard yesterday on V. of Russia it has
started. I'll listen often to just see what they are saying.

Burr