Old March 11th 07, 06:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
KH6HZ KH6HZ is offline

Default libel and VE Testing

wrote:

Completely meaningless. The "local" VE team could consist of people who
have
to drive 200 miles to administer a VE session.

nice of you to finaly agree to my point the number of Chassel in
meeaningless

meaning Steve was blowing smoke when he brought it up

Quite the opposite. It illustrates the fact concisely that given the low
number of licensed amateurs in your town (19), 1 of which is you and the
other of which is your wife (meaning there are 17 others) and the fact that
statistically only 1/6th of those hams are going to be Extra-class operators
(17 * .16 = 2.8), that means there are not enough licensed extra-class
operators in your town to administer you an examination -- even assuming
100% of those Extra-class operators were also VEs.

Why not lodge a formal complaint with the ARRL VEC regarding this VE
Teams'
actions?

why?

You claim you were discriminated against by evil procoders. If this is true,
wouldn't you want those VEs punished so they couldn't likewise discriminate
against other nocoders in the area?

your word is meaningless then I see

Not at all. Sleet happens. There have been cases locally where VE teams have
called around looking for other VEs to help out at test sessions when one or
more of the VEs scheduled to show up for some reason didn't.

That's correct. A VE team is under no obligation to conduct a session at
the
whim of the testee. A VE team that refuses to conduct a session on the
basis
that the applicants are codeless techs, however, risks having their
credentials pulled by the VEC they work under.

where is that rule you making up Mike

Again, ask the ARRL if they allow their VE teams to discriminate against
codeless techs. I virtually guarentee you such a team would get their
credentials revolked.

Now indeed I am or more properly soon will be

I'm sure the FCC will oh so enjoy attempting to decypher your submittals.

not agin where did I say I was becomeing a VE?

In the same message you said you're getting your extra-class operator
ticket.

Perhaps if you limited yourself to a dozen posts a day rather than 300,
you'd remember what you said.

mike do any besides myself and my wife need to upgrade at all?

Nobody "needs" to upgrade, if they're happen with their operating privileges
in their current form. Some folks are happy with their existing license
class and have no intention on upgrading.

If you do Mark, good for you.

cuting your remark where you claimed in corrtect I had to wiat for
april

always editing the responses to your mistakes Mike

I'm not familiar with the "AES Hamfest" in MI. My source of area VE
examinations is the ARRL web site, which lists upcoming examination sessions
for both the W5YI and ARRL VECs. According to that published data, the only
upcoming session sponsored by the VE team you've libeled is their session in
April.

then your knowledge base is all but non existant and your postion flip
flip almost as fast as John Kerry

If my knowledge base is "all but" non-existant, what's that makes yours?
Negative territory?