Old March 13th 07, 07:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design
Anthony Fremont Anthony Fremont is offline

Default VCXO frequency isn't high enough

Telstar Electronics wrote:
On Mar 13, 12:02 pm, "Anthony Fremont" wrote:

It's interesting that I don't see that oscillator circuit arrangement
at http://www.ace.ual.es/~jgazquez/icons/ne602.pdf
I guess you're attempting to drag the xtal off freq? Why not just use
a tank?

Thanks for the reply. I should have been more clear, the desired frequency
is 3581kHz so yes I need to pull the crystal up in frequency about 1.5kHz.
Right now I'm only able to get to just under 3580. It seems that much
inductance should have more effect than moving it up only about 500Hz, but
this isn't my bag.

By tank I guess you mean to rid myself of the crystal and use an ordinary LC
circuit? I think I can come up with something simple, but I'd rather just
get this working if at all possible. Do you have any idea what impedance
the 602 wants to see on it's oscillator? I have a couple more chips and I
could try and cobble something together if I knew what impedance to target.