Old March 13th 07, 05:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default why not, Why Not. WHY NOT ! - Leave AM Radio Alone

Just back from trying out for 'Prancing With the Stars', David Frackelton Gleason,
who poses as 'Eduardo', wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message

The example you made of KOXR is deceptive. Inland is sparsely populated
being mountainous or farmland with most people living near the coast.

It is still part of the market, as sparsely populated as it may be.

These 16 AM stations are moderately strong to very strong. They all
come
in interference free on the home and car radios. I don't put up with
noise and interference either. I'm 60 miles north of one of the big
markets. Try again.

Sorry, but extensive research on literally hundreds of thousands of
individual listeners shows that outside the 10 mv/m in medium metros and
ever greater signals in big ones, there is essentially no listening to AM
stations.

I don't have a problem getting many weaker stations either except when
station running that digital crap covers them up.

Yeah, I can often get Kota Kinabalu on 1475... that does not mean anyone
listens to them in LA.

Often? I realize they are probably running 700 kW or so, but *often*?

Even back when I lived in Phoenix in the 70's, 1475 was the bellwether
station for openings to the Pacific. I would say that in the September to
May period, it was detectable at least 75% of nights, and readable half of
those.

On the coast, it's so regular I don't keep track.

This is somewhat tike 935 from Morocco in the 60's in the East and
near-Midwest. Hearing it was no more unusual than haring WSM, and a good
indication of conditions in the Mediterranean: it was 24/7 for Ramadan,
meaning you could use it to predict reception of Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the
northern Africans in general, as well as Spain and Portugal.

Similarly, in the 60's in the East, KORL on 650 around 2 to 3 AM EST was an
indication of the potential for Australia and NZ reception.

You obviously do not know much about MW DX, or you would know that 1475 is
so common it has near-pest status.

Pest status.... hmmmm, that seems to be what you've attained.

ROTFLMFAO at the fake Hispanic.

dxAce
Michigan
USA