Old March 14th 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default VCXO frequency isn't high enough

Anthony Fremont wrote:

Jamie wrote:

You need to reduce the inductor.. that is causing a down swing in
your freq.

Thanks, I took it out and the frequency increased by only about 70Hz, but it
did increase. :-) Do you know of anything else I can do to increase the
frequency by about another couple of kcs?

try a different Xstyle, it sounds like your at the limits..
it's possible the chip has too much capacitance on the
osc legs, i suppose you could try a stand alone osc with a
high freq transistor to lower the cap. use a buffer on the
stage to drive the chip .
Also, have you considered the board mounting? you could
have to much cap via your board construction.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5