Old March 14th 07, 01:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
rkhalona rkhalona is offline

Default The perfect radio

On Mar 12, 11:17 am, "junius" wrote:

My end suggestion: go with the Drake R8 or R8A. I've owned both of
'em, and they're both a pleasure to listen to.

Another option, and one that should be well within the original
poster's budget, is to search for a used late model of the Drake SW8,
which has a much better sync detector than either the R8 or R8A. In
essence he would be getting another "Grundig" Sat800, but with much
better manufacturing quality and he won't need to buy another house to
place it in.

RK