Old March 14th 07, 01:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design
Anthony Fremont Anthony Fremont is offline

Default VCXO frequency isn't high enough

Anthony Fremont wrote:

Doodling with reactance formulas, it appears that 20uH (coincidence?)
would offset 100pF of capacitance fairly well by having a an opposing
reactance (well resistance at this point) of about 450 Ohms at

s/.well resistance at this point.//
It's just inductive reactance, I need more coffee. ;-)

3581kHz, the same as 100pF. I'll try putting the coil I made in
parallel and see what happens. Hopefully it won't short the
oscillator and kill my 15 year old NE602, I only have two spares.

Should I be afraid to do this? Does it need something to block DC current?