Old March 14th 07, 05:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design
colin colin is offline

Default VCXO frequency isn't high enough

"Anthony Fremont" wrote in message
Anthony Fremont wrote:

Doodling with reactance formulas, it appears that 20uH (coincidence?)
would offset 100pF of capacitance fairly well by having a an opposing
reactance (well resistance at this point) of about 450 Ohms at

s/.well resistance at this point.//
It's just inductive reactance, I need more coffee. ;-)

3581kHz, the same as 100pF. I'll try putting the coil I made in
parallel and see what happens. Hopefully it won't short the
oscillator and kill my 15 year old NE602, I only have two spares.

Should I be afraid to do this? Does it need something to block DC
current?

the trimmer should block all the dc.
im not convinced about the inductor in parallel with the crystal
it might work though.