Old March 14th 07, 05:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default VE Testing Rules

On Mar 12, 4:31 pm, "
From: on Mon, Mar 12 2007 5:42 am
From: on Sun, Mar 11 2007 8:34 am

And even when AF6AY pointed out the story to
FCC in his Reply Comments to 98-143, FCC still
believed it.

*NOBODY with the callsign AF6AY replied to FCC 98-143
*on, before, or after 13 Jan 99. It wasn't issued yet. :-)

You're right, Len! I was mistaken about that. My bad.
Apologies all around.

* *Good grief, an expression of personal WRONGNESS with
* *an APOLOGY! *The world may be coming to an end!

Indeed. *I thought the end-times might be near...

"It won't be long now...." Except (of course) with Jimmie
Doing His Thing about 'how everyone else that challenged
Him (in anything) is always wrong.' :-)

then I took a look on .Moderated. *"PRB-1 and CCNR" finally caught up
with the long-time leader "Tubes." *Funny how the long-timers
gravitate to the subject of tubes. *Some things never change and the
end-times are again delayed.

Well, in this newsgroup as well as RRAM there's the usual
self-praise of amateur radio for its "invaluable emergency
work." :-)

There must be a great deal of Conscience going on where
hams aren't supposed to have FUN and ENJOYMENT out
of their hobby. They have to endlessly rationalize among
themselves that They are some kind of Minutemen of
Emergency Communications, ready to spring into action
at a moment's notice with superb, never-fail equipment
to Save The Day! :-)

Not likely. Some on RRAM aren't buying all that and are
speaking truth. That's a very good thing, in my mind. [but
Jimmie will spend hours at the keyboard teling me I'm all
'wrong' and 'mistaken' :-) ]

I'm now INTO US amateur radio and intend to stay...as long
as it remains a FUN HOBBY. If I wanted to DO emergency
work, I'd go volunteer for such things with a recognized
agency that actually DOES that sort of thing. Yesterday,
the 13th of March, was the 55th personal anniversary of
my being sworn into service with the United States Army.
The reason for that volunteering was rather more SERIOUS
at the time than playing around with radios in my spare
time. Amateur radio just is NOT anywhere close to being
that "serious" on a national or local scale. Amateur radio
is basically a HOBBY, never anything more than that
despite what all the chiefs and seniors of membership
organizations say.

At the start of this particular thread I put up some numbers
about some amateur volunteers' efforts in exam testing and
what other, numbers-oriented websites were showing was
the result of all that. There was NO evidence then nor now
on any "hordes of CB types" or "onslaught of no-coders"
"suddenly filling the ranks (and, supposedly 'the bands').
What that really showed was only a slight bump in the
status-quo of what all the self-proclaimed pro-coder gurus
CLAIMED was going to happen. Yawn time.

When I posted the first message on 7 Mar 07 I was not
yet aware that the FCC had put me into the US amateur
radio database. :-) Some others did later, which made
me look again. Some of the "congratulators" (notably
those pro-coders who think I'm a 'beginner' in radio) are
now showing how hyprocritcal they really are... :-( No
surprise to me since I had known of their traits long
before.

Most of this thread is filled with the usual filth and insults
of the immature male kind who seem to have never out-
grown their middle-school mentalities. That's a sad thing
but we don't really know if those anony-mousies are
at all INTO amateur radio. Nevertheless, I am INTO US
amateur radio and intend to stay for a while...and also to
speak my mind at MY discretion. :-)

73, Len AF6AY