Old March 15th 07, 02:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

Default Best HF Vertical

On 14 Mar, 18:50, "Caveat Lector" wrote:
"west" wrote in message

I know I can go to eham.com but I like the advice on rraa better. I also
know that this question is somewhat subjective, but if you will, please
indulge. :-)
What is flat out the best vertical HF antenna in your opinion and why?
Thanks in advance.

west
AF4GC

IMHO: Take a look at the steppir verticals
http://www.steppir.com/
No traps, coils, capacitors or linear loading of any kind.

Full continuous coverage, including WARC bands-without compromise! 2000 W
PEP Rating.

Used on several DXpeditions with rave reviews

That's the one I would buy if I could put in a good ground radial system -
but I have no room for radials. So don't own one, a friend does and for what
is worth he claims it is the best vertical he has ever owned over 30 years
including, Butternut, Cushcraft, Hustler, Hy-Gain, etc

But the steppir's are pricey $595 and $695

Good luck

CL

A vertical dipole fed in the center
Art