Old March 15th 07, 11:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design
John Fields John Fields is offline

Default VCXO frequency isn't high enough

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 06:26:39 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
wrote:

Arv wrote:

My W1AW receiver uses the crystal with just a 5-47 pf variable
capacitor...no inductor, and it nets right on frequency. Try shorting

Story of my life. ;-)

the inductor and see if this gets you closer to the required
frequency. Not all color burst crystals were created equal. If you
have another crystal you might want to try it.

That seems to be the common consensus. I suspect my crystal is just too
good. ;-)

Your ferrite will not be saturating at the small amount of signal you
are sending through it as part of an SA-602 oscillator.

Thanks, I know very little about these things.

---
Here's a good tutorial:

http://www.foxonline.com/techdata.htm
--