Old March 15th 07, 12:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dave Heil Dave Heil is offline

Default VE Testing Rules

wrote:
On Mar 12, 4:31 pm, "
From: on Mon, Mar 12 2007 5:42 am
From: on Sun, Mar 11 2007 8:34 am
And even when AF6AY pointed out the story to
FCC in his Reply Comments to 98-143, FCC still
believed it.
�NOBODY with the callsign AF6AY replied to FCC 98-143
�on, before, or after 13 Jan 99. It wasn't issued yet. :-)
You're right, Len! I was mistaken about that. My bad.
Apologies all around.
� �Good grief, an expression of personal WRONGNESS with
� �an APOLOGY! �The world may be coming to an end!

Indeed. �I thought the end-times might be near...

"It won't be long now...." Except (of course) with Jimmie
Doing His Thing about 'how everyone else that challenged
Him (in anything) is always wrong.' :-)

You keep trying to make it about everyone, Len. It really is about you.
You aren't "always wrong". You're just frequently wrong.

then I took a look on .Moderated. �"PRB-1 and CCNR" finally caught up
with the long-time leader "Tubes." �Funny how the long-timers
gravitate to the subject of tubes. �Some things never change and the
end-times are again delayed.

Well, in this newsgroup as well as RRAM there's the usual
self-praise of amateur radio for its "invaluable emergency
work." :-)

Many others including Federal officials have praised amateur radio for
its invaluable emergency work.

There must be a great deal of Conscience going on where
hams aren't supposed to have FUN and ENJOYMENT out
of their hobby.

Just who has written that one isn't supposed to derive any enjoyment out
of amateur radio?

They have to endlessly rationalize among
themselves that They are some kind of Minutemen of
Emergency Communications, ready to spring into action
at a moment's notice with superb, never-fail equipment
to Save The Day! :-)

Who has to do that, Len? Radio amateurs can and do provide emergency
communications. I've never read anything which indicates that amateur
radio equipment never fails. It can be available when the commercial
infrastructure fails in an emergency.

Not likely. Some on RRAM aren't buying all that and are
speaking truth.

What is the truth, Len? Have you written the truth or have you made
things up using the generic "they"? Have you written that "they" say
something when the only person saying that particular thing is yourself?

That's a very good thing, in my mind. [but
Jimmie will spend hours at the keyboard teling me I'm all
'wrong' and 'mistaken' :-) ]

I think you'll find that a number of individuals will be happy to
address your frequent errors whenever they crop up.

I'm now INTO US amateur radio and intend to stay...as long
as it remains a FUN HOBBY.

I'm not sure you'll be around that long, Len. It is a good thing for
you that you got your license when you did.

If I wanted to DO emergency
work, I'd go volunteer for such things with a recognized
agency that actually DOES that sort of thing.

What's stopping you?

Yesterday,
the 13th of March, was the 55th personal anniversary of
my being sworn into service with the United States Army.
The reason for that volunteering was rather more SERIOUS
at the time than playing around with radios in my spare
time.

Maybe public service work just isn't for you. Maybe you'll find that
chasing DX or contesting is more to your liking.

Amateur radio just is NOT anywhere close to being
that "serious" on a national or local scale.

It is more likely that you're simply not aware of it, Len. You're a
newcomer.

Amateur radio
is basically a HOBBY, never anything more than that
despite what all the chiefs and seniors of membership
organizations say.

Your error can be forgiven in light of your newbie status.

At the start of this particular thread I put up some numbers
about some amateur volunteers' efforts in exam testing and
what other, numbers-oriented websites were showing was
the result of all that. There was NO evidence then nor now
on any "hordes of CB types" or "onslaught of no-coders"
"suddenly filling the ranks (and, supposedly 'the bands').
What that really showed was only a slight bump in the
status-quo of what all the self-proclaimed pro-coder gurus
CLAIMED was going to happen. Yawn time.

Actually, what the numbers show is that doing away with Morse code
testing hasn't resulted in the entry into amateur radio of those
technical whiz kids whom Carl Stevenson called "otherwise qualified".
The barrier seems to have been a myth.

When I posted the first message on 7 Mar 07 I was not
yet aware that the FCC had put me into the US amateur
radio database. :-) Some others did later, which made
me look again. Some of the "congratulators" (notably
those pro-coders who think I'm a 'beginner' in radio) are
now showing how hyprocritcal they really are... :-( No
surprise to me since I had known of their traits long
before.

No one said that you're a beginner in radio, Len. You a beginner in
amateur radio. You've demonstrated that you're green through your
statements in a number of your recent posts. Don't expect acceptance as
an instant expert in amateur radio, old boy.

Most of this thread is filled with the usual filth and insults
of the immature male kind who seem to have never out-
grown their middle-school mentalities. That's a sad thing
but we don't really know if those anony-mousies are
at all INTO amateur radio.

We know that a number of them are licensed. One, who isn't anonymous
but who posts under many different nyms, is apparently a fairly active
radio amateur.

Nevertheless, I am INTO US
amateur radio and intend to stay for a while...and also to
speak my mind at MY discretion. :-)

Yes, you finally acted and obtained an amateur radio license. You spoke
your mind long before obtaining the amateur radio license. You made
numerous factual errors back then and, as I've noted, you still make
factual errors.

Dave K8MN