Old March 15th 07, 11:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Owen Duffy Owen Duffy is offline

Default Soldering and Antennas

Irv Finkleman wrote in :

Thanks Pete -- I'm not really concerned about mechanical connection
as there will be no physical strain. Yes! I am definitely considering
'split bolt' (I call them wire nuts -- not sure where I got the
expression).

Here is a picture of what most of us understand to be wire nuts:
http://cableorganizer.com/wire-connectors/

Quite a different thing to split bolt line taps.
http://www.vk1od.net/post/post04.jpg shows a split bolt on the earth
electrode.

My comments about wire nuts were about wire nuts as most of us understand.

I would not use wire nuts for your earth system.

Split bolt connectors are fine for your purpose.

Owen