Old March 16th 07, 03:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sal M. Onella Sal M. Onella is offline

Default Totally OT, yet very relevant

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
Denny wrote:
In fact, the ground where I am as I type
this, had 2 miles high of blue ice piled on top of it a mere 20,000
years ago...

And probably the same 145,000 years ago, while 120,000
years ago it was hotter than it is today. Every time
in the past 400K yearswhen it got approximately as hot
as it is today, an ice age "immediately" followed in
cycles of between 80K and 120K years. Just the other
day, Congress had to cancel their Global Warming
meeting because of snow. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

"Telltale signs are everywhere -from the unexpected persistence and
thickness of pack ice in the
waters around Iceland to the southward migration of a warmth-loving creature
like the armadillo from the
Midwest.Since the 1940s the mean global temperature has dropped about 2.7°
F."

The quotation above is from Time Magazine, June 24, 1974. They had a
feature article than included this dire warning: "But there is a peril more
immediate than the prospect of another ice age. Even if temperature and
rainfall patterns change only slightly in the near future in one or more of
the three major grain-exporting countries-the U.S., Canada and
Australia -global food stores would be sharply reduced."

Hey, man -- pick your peril ... and then hype it until you can't hype it no
mo'.