Old March 16th 07, 02:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mark Zenier Mark Zenier is offline

Default Log: Holland, 0011U, 6165.0

In article ,
Larry Dighera wrote:
On 15 Mar 2007 01:07:36 GMT, Kevin Garrett wrote in
.20:

Larry Dighera wrote in
m:

Tx Location: Holland
Station: Radio Nederland Wereldomroep
Program: News report on world trade
Language: English; riots on Monday between Dutch youths and immigrant
youth (hooligans).
Time: 0011U
Frequency: 6,165.0 kHZ
Mode: AM
Signal: S8
Readability: 5
SINPO: 34333

Rx Location: Southern California west coast, USA
Equipment: Drake R8B
Antenna: Datong Model IB5 active rotatable dipole
Azimuth: ~180* - ~360* True

I think the Tx Location is ATN: Bonaire 12N12-68W18, Netherlands Leeward
Antilles.

This from EIBI.

Yes. I caught that later in the transmission.

Hearing them here in Portland Oregon.

Very readable signal, eh?

They've got three repeats of their hour broadcast on 6165, at 0:00 UTC
for the East Coast, 1:00 for Central North America, and 5:00 for Western
North America. This far north (Seattle) the 1:00 and 5:00 are often
about the same, but I remember some postings that the 1:00 doesn't get
to So. Cal. that well sometimes.

At least for a couple of weeks. Usually, their summer schedule splits
between a 9 MHz and 6 MHz frequency.

For (west coast) insomniacs, they're on 11675 at 12:00 UTC.

Mark Zenier