Old March 17th 07, 04:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
N9WOS N9WOS is offline

Default My Introductory Post..

I now own a Yaesu FT-757GX which I use as my HF Gen
coverage receiver so I can still listen to SW, and practice code and
then get my ticket, while working on building the rig and slowly
learning still.

Do a google search regarding the code requirement on ham radio, and be
prepared for a surprise.

You don't need to know the code to get a ham license any more. The FCC has
dropped the code requirement for all licenses. Even extra.

You can get an extra and not even know what CW is.

Best of luck.