Old April 26th 04, 01:40 PM
Richard Heindel

I just finished repairing my 465 scope that had a similar problem. When powered up the trace would appear off
the left hand side of the screen. Turned out to be bad filter caps in the +5v and -8v supplies. Check the
supply voltages at the TPs, if 2v or more less that what it should be then replace the caps.
After looking at some of the Tek newsgroups I gather that bad filter caps are a common problem with Tektronix
scopes.

Richard WB8KRN

"Laurie Landry" wrote in message ...
My Tek 466 scope decided to misbehave. It will not display the horizontal
beam unless I press the beam finder. When I do it displays whatever I'm
looking at(eg: 7 Mhz sine wave) properly.
I'm quite familiar with this scope, but possibly doing something stupid.
Does anyone have any idea as to what the problem could be?
Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on the problem.

Laurie