Old March 19th 07, 01:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Larry Dighera Larry Dighera is offline

Default Does your Drake R7A Do This?

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 17:12:40 -0400, dxAce wrote
in :

In my case with the R8B and the R7 is
that the volume is very, very low in the totally counter clockwise position.

Exactly. And I have no issue with pressing the power switch when I
want absolute silence from the receiver.

Of course, the receiver is only truly off when it is disconnected from
a power source. I suppose that design decision was a result of the
desire to facilitate digital control via computer at all times.