Old March 19th 07, 11:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dave Heil Dave Heil is offline

Default VE Testing Rules

wrote:
On Mar 19, 8:33?am, "an old friend" wrote:
On Mar 18, 12:12 pm, "Alun L. Palmer" wrote:

" wrote roups.com:
Blimey! You got a callsign! I didn't think it would ever happen. Welcome
aboard.
Alun N3KIP

he did just as he said he would years ago

I did NOT "do as I said years ago."

No, you most certainly did not. You made a boast over seven years back
of going for an "Extra right out of the box". You did squat for those
years.

Miccolis MANUFACTURED
some life-enduring "promise" out of whole cloth, taking it well
out of context at the time.

It was not manufactured at all and was certainly not taken out of
context. That you now find it embarrassing is the issue.

I did not seriously consider getting an amateur radio license
until the 17th of February. That's the truth regardless of how
others twist around old statements of mine.

I find it difficult to accept your claim as factual.

However, once
IN, I plan to stay in...until I decide to get out (if I do).

Everyone who becomes a radio amateur has a finite time in which to
participate.

Once a REAL decision has been made, then one can work
towards that goal with more attention. There is NO extra-
special, genius (or genuous) level of knowledge required to
pass those tests.

I don't recall a single Morse-tested Extra class licensee ever saying
that the Amateur Extra was a mark of genius.

All it takes is some attention-focused
work.

Many told you so. You usually dismissed them. You were told the same
about learning Morse code.

Dave K8MN