Old March 20th 07, 12:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David Eduardo[_2_] David Eduardo[_2_] is offline

Default What KSL listeners had to say about HD Radio !

On Mar 20, 1:25 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"HFguy" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:
"HFguy" wrote in message

At this point David, the question is why are you spending so much time on
this group and others, defending HD radio and your personal life as well.
You said a while ago that it doesn't take much time from your schedule to
make all these responses but it's beginning to look like you must be
compensated in some way to make it worth your time. There are just too
many posts on this subject from someone that supposedly has more
important responsibilities in the radio industry than arguing on a Usenet
group. No one on this group is going to have any say in the outcome of HD
radio, with the possible exception of someone participating in a listener
survey. So why do you care?

It's amusing, especially while doing things like sitting in airports,
doing airchecks, etc.

But you make one very good point... nobody here will make even a tiny
difference in the success of HD except those working in the industry.

I guess we can take your refusal to answer the compensation question as an
indication that you are in some way compensated. It's clear that this is
all a game for you but how about giving it a rest.

It's absurd to even think that any radio company cares what goes on in a
group with about 15 regular posters. In case that is too obtuse, no, I do
not get compensated,

I was, before working in radio, a radio groupie. I collected DJ autographs
and verification letters and EKKO stamps and Jones Logs. Despite being in
the business now for nearly 50 years, I am still, first, a radio groupie.
Heck, last week I bought a sheetfed duplex scanner to put my Radex and
Whites and Stevenson's logs on my website... the first 15 or so are already
there, spanning the late 20's to the late 40's.

I believe in radio, and believe it still has lots of life. But there will be
fundamental technical changes for it to survive. Some may not be DX
friendly, and some may open up new DX opportunities.- Hide quoted text -

Actually, on second thought, it's not absurd to think that radio
companies care about what goes on in a
group with about 15 regular posters. So nevermind.