Old March 21st 07, 01:50 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
mikeFNB mikeFNB is offline

Default Interference bursts

link dont appear to work?

not central heating ignitor is it?
thats the usual culprit of wideband rasping noises at very random intervals?

mike

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello

I recently moved house and am having a problem with some interference
which cuts in in bursts across most of the airband. There is no
regularity to it nor can I really work out what is causing it, and I
was hoping someone on here may recognise it or would be able to help
me through try to get rid of it. I've posted two mp3s, in case they
might help, however I can't post an example of this with a
transmission on when it it more noticable:

http://www.reevery.net/interference/2.mp3
http://www.reevery.net/interference/3.mp3

My equipment is a GRE PSR-282 and the interference occurs with my
short telescopic aerial and my loft-mounted discone. In case it helps,
I live about 500m from a TV repeater, which is 12kW and pointing
almost in the opposite direction. The nearest mobile telephone mast is
about 1km away. There is a TV aerial and a satellite dish on the side
of my building but I would have thought any interference from anything
TV would be continuous.

Would any of these be a factor, and if so do you think an airband
filter might get rid of this? It's definitely something local as I had
no problems at my previous address, and it sounds like it could be a
data pulse. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Matthew