Old March 21st 07, 12:53 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
[email protected] matthew@reevery.net is offline

Default Interference bursts

On 21 Mar, 03:35, "Ron Baker, Pluralitas!"
wrote:
Airband being about 150 MHz?

Approximately. I'm mainly interested in the 118 to 138 section and it
seems to be stronger in the 130s.

Hmm. I see your receiver is portable. Maybe walk or drive
around the area and see if the signal strength varies.
Maybe try a directional antenna in order to locate the source.

Sounds like a plan. I don't have a directional antenna but I'll have a
prowl round the area over the next few days and see where it's
strongest. If it sounds like PSK etc then I guess it could be a
neighbour's WiFi, I doubt it will be the repeater having a data feed
but I'll wonder over that way and have a listen. I was slightly
inaccurate above - the repeater is 12W and not 12kW.