Old March 21st 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
labtech1 labtech1 is offline

Default Advice for a newbie?

most scanners have pretty much the same coverage 30-50 mhz, 144 -170 mhz,
420 - 512 mhz, 800 - 999 mhz
these are pretty standard.

check here for more information as to specific frequencies, look around at
the trunking area and aircraft / military
area Mil-Air is located in the roughly 200 -388 mhz band ( quite large )
make sure the scanner you look at / for
has this band included.

http://www.radioreference.com/module...me=RR&ctid=547

"Crank" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for the reply!

I understand I will need trunking. That's certainly understandable as
is computer programmable. I don't believe I will need anything REAL
fancy as this is a very small town. The airbase is Mountain Home AFB
and I guess I was really wondering which frequency bands to look for.