Old March 22nd 07, 02:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
John Smith I John Smith I is offline

Default ARRL's "Diamond Terrace" Memorial

David Stinson wrote:
ARRL's "Diamond Terrace" Memorial

I do NOT understand this "fad" of placing bricks on the GROUND
to memorialize someone. I am not about to memorialize anyone
about whom I care or whom I respect by placing their name on
the ground where thoughtless people wipe dog-poop off their shoes
and spit their gum. I don't know who first thought of this fad
(and Lord, I hope it's a "passing fad"),
but it's a bad idea and I would never, ever do it.
Build a wall with the bricks, or anything else
other than a "walk on you daddy" place.
73 David S.

I would be much more worried about the "hucksters" at arrl attempting to
sell ya bricks at $75-$250 bucks.

Guess their little "religious pamphlets" just aren't going like
hotcakes! Guess their just ain't an appeal for the arrl amongst
"atheist hams!"

Maybe we should worry more about "arming" the arrl with a generous
supply of bricks, what happens if they get PI$$ED and start hurling 'em?

JS