Old March 22nd 07, 11:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brian Hill Brian Hill is offline

Default Ship without a sail

"JeroenK" wrote in message
Steve schreef:
I'm afraid I agree with your assessment of the PAORDT mini-whip. I
found it very disappointing.

I'm happy with mine. Did you put it up high enough, and far enough away
from the house and/or other sources of interference?

This antenna has a few special ways it must be setup, if not followed
well, it will greatly influence its performance. The creator Roelof uses
this antenna exclusively for his LW beacon hunting, and he has an
impressive list.

--
JeroenK

Raising it would not be affective I think where Johns QTH is, he needs the
capabilities of the DX1. Aren't you surrounded by a band of hills John?

--
Regards
B.H.

Hill Amplification