Old March 22nd 07, 09:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
mike mike is offline

Default AZDEN PCS4000 Manual???

Joseph Fenn wrote:
Want to buy a manual for the AZDEN PCS4000 2 meter transceiver.
For some reason I cant retain the stored freqcys even though
I substituted the original tiny 3 volt battery thats supposed
to keep the memory channels alive. I brought out the leads
(after severing the old battery) so can substitute nicads
or LION rechargeables externally but still cant figure out
why it will only hold the memories for maybe 1 or 2 days.
Joe/KH6JF

* Ham since 1937 HiSchool Sophomore ex W9ZUU, KP4EX, W4FAG, KH6ARG KH6JF *
* WW2 Vet since Sep 1940 to just After VJ day. US Signal Corps AACS *

Did you try measuring the current drain on the battery?
Some of this old stuff was designed to be plugged into power all the time.
mike

--
Return address is VALID!
Bunch-O-Stuff Forsale He