Old March 23rd 07, 08:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Call Sign Not Given Call Sign Not Given is offline

Default ARRL's "Diamond Terrace" Memorial

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Mar 22, 11:05 am, "David Stinson" wrote:
ARRL's "Diamond Terrace" Memorial

I do NOT understand this "fad" of placing bricks on the GROUND
to memorialize someone. I am not about to memorialize anyone
about whom I care or whom I respect by placing their name on
the ground where thoughtless people wipe dog-poop off their shoes
and spit their gum. I don't know who first thought of this fad
(and Lord, I hope it's a "passing fad"),
but it's a bad idea and I would never, ever do it.
Build a wall with the bricks, or anything else
other than a "walk on you daddy" place.
73 David S.

Could be like a Vietnam Vets memorial - in black and below ground
level.

Many of us cherish the Memorial. You, apparently, do not.

You have no friends' names engraved upon The Wall. I do.
You don't know what a Combat Infantry Badge requires. I do.
You've never parachuted from an aircraft. I have.
You've never been to The Wall. I have.

Please, leave the Vets' memorial out of your mindless meanderings.

Screaming Eagles....AIRBORNE!

Alpha Five One, 101st Airborne, Ft. Campbell, KY.