Old March 24th 07, 12:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
Jeff[_2_] Jeff[_2_] is offline

Default buying first transceiver...should I be paranoid?

I've heard stories that it's possible to damage transceivers during
use. Can anyone explain to me the kinds of things that can kill a
rig? I'm thinking about buying my first one and I'm a bit paranoid
that, in the process of learning the ropes, I'll damage the thing
somehow. I'm from a fairly technical background so I understand
things like...uh, don't run it without an antenna, or a decent ground,
or without an antenna tuner....etc. But what else can happen? Can
anyone offer a newbie some help/advice? Thanks.