Old May 2nd 04, 07:26 PM
Fred McKenzie

Several years ago there was a external plugin module marketed for the 706
series radios that provided a 10 watt carrier output from the radio. I have not
seen them advertised lately and was wondering if they are still available

Ken-

I purchased one recently from Amateur Electronic Supply for around $20-$25.
They are made by another company, but listed under the IC-706 in their catalog
price list.

I purchased it just "to have", as I normally use the AT-180 tuner. As I
understand it, its purpose is to be able to use a non-Icom tuner.

73, Fred, K4DII