Old March 24th 07, 10:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
[email protected] vsurducan@gmail.com is offline

Default Turn portable radio into transmitter- can it be done?

On Mar 23, 11:40 am, "Kevin J." wrote:
I have more portable radios than I know what to do with and was
wondering if I could somehow convert one of them for use as an
extremely low-powered AM transmitter for use around my apartment. I
need only a range of 10 feet or so and I really don't want to buy any
sort of kit as Part-15 regulations in the US prohibit their use but do
allow homebuilt units. I had one of those toys called a Wild Planet
Radio DJ that was FCC type-approved but it got misplaced in my last
move and now my old-time radio shows are just sitting there waiting to
return to life on my antique radios.

Or, should doing that prove impractical, how hard is it to learn how
to solder? :-)

Will not be muuuuch easy for homebrewing a simple FM transmitter
instead ?
http://tacashi.tripod.com/elctrncs/s...r/smplfmtr.htm