Old March 24th 07, 12:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.radio-scanner,alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.scanner
Sporty Sporty is offline

Default Newbie Desperately Needs Help(Cross Posted)

I just got a Bearcat BC250D with digital card from Ebay. Thought I was
getting the most modern equipment but with rebanding (just heard about it)
now I'm not so sure. I also thought that being computer programmable setup
would be simple..wrong...not for me anyway. I've tried the radio reference
site(seems to be most up to date) and I've tried the bearcat sites to
download files to program in. I'm trying to get Apopka PD(digital) and I get
nothing. I have no idea what DEC or HEX means or what to do with that info.
I also have no idea how to "Import" the .pdf files into either E-Scanner
Plus or ARC250 Basic. I'm getting very discouraged, I don't know whether
it's my lack of progrramming skills or if the radio is obsolete.
Can anyone help me or better yet send a ready made file for the Central
Florida Area or even a link to "Scanner Programming for the Inept" ?
Thanks In Advance,
Helpless In Apopka