Old March 24th 07, 10:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.radio-scanner,alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.scanner
download.com download.com is offline

Default Newbie Desperately Needs Help(Cross Posted)

"BDK" wrote in message

Find a local scanner group and take your radio to the meeting. You have
to know something, the 250D will not decode all the currently used
digital baud rates. That's one of the reasons it's been discontinued for
some time now.

What you should have done is find the group or local expert first, and
then buy the right radio. You can always ebay the 250D, if you have to.

We all screw up in the beginning. Live and learn.

There are only two digital handhelds worth buying right now, used or
new, the RS Pro-96, and the Uniden 396T. That's my opinion, and they are
the only models currently available. I went with the PRO-96 for several
reasons, better audio, easier programming, and an intimate knowledge of
past Uniden quality control issues on previous models. Some of them
amazingly poorly put together. I fixed a lot of Unidens with speaker
wires not soldered, and a few had major soldering issues. I got all but
one going, and used several parts from it to fix other ones.

BDK

Very nicely said BD!!!